Using Videos is an extremely powerful method of driving traffic to your sites. Google indexes videos as well as text, and both Google and internet users love multimedia content on websites.
Mixing videos, audios, images and text is a great way to make your site more attractive so visitors want to stay longer. Also many people want, or prefer, to watch videos rather than read pure text.
In addition to that, there are many valuable free video directories, such as Youtube or Viddler, where you can upload your videos to get even more online exposure and drive more traffic to your websites. We will look at them closely in further parts of this video series.
Types of videos you can make and find online:
- Talking head – nothing builds trust more than letting your customers see you. Studies have proven that you are at least twice as persuasive if your customers have already met you, or spoken with you, or have seen you before you ask for a sale.
- Screencapture videos – you capture what’s happening on your computer screen, combined with your voice. This is a great way to create tutorials and other how to step by step videos.
- Videos that are a combination of:
- audio, text and images,
- audio and slides presentations.
- Recorded webinars turned into videos
Before we will look closely at some of the best video making programs, it is essential to master online video techniques. They will help your video stand out and attract others to read more of your content.
Keith Davis from easy public speaking has recently published a really interesting and valuable post on online video techniques. He introduced an online video expert Tom Breeze. Tom prepared a special mini course in online video. You can watch the video directly from Keith’s blog post.
In a record time of 24 minutes, Tom has covered the most important aspects of making a really good video. You will be surprised to see how much your video techniques can improve after you implement what Tom says. While watching the video, don’t just listen to what Tom says but observe how he behaves in front of the camera. It will give you a lot of extra valuable information. Click here to watch the video.