If you are just starting out in video marketing you can smoothly start with screencapture videos. They are easy to make. You just need to use the right software, prepare what you want to record on your screen and add your voice. At the end, you can simply upload your new video to Youtube or any other video sharing site.
I mentioned good software as one of the conditions of making good screencapture videos. There are several products you can use to record such videos. Below you will find short description of such 5 best software programs. Three of them are free of charge.
5 best screencast recorders
1. Camtasia for MAC and PC – currently the best recording software. It gives you the power to easily record your screen, PowerPoint presentations, voice and web camera video to create video tutorials, training presentations, and rich sales demonstrations for web and CD-ROM delivery.
At the end, you can easily edit your Camtasia project and render it into various video formats or mp3.
Camtasia is not cheap software. The current price at the time of writing is $299. You can, however, try it out for free for 30 days.
2. Screenflow for MAC – ScreenFlow is an application for creating screen recordings on your Mac. It uses a unique screen capture system to capture the contents of your entire desktop at the same time as your video camera, microphone and computer’s audio.
Similairly to Camtasia Screenflow is not free but the price is very reasonable and affordable, considering all the great features the software has. The current price is $99.
3. Screenr – free, online application to record all your activity on your computer screen. Unlikely above mentioned software, Screenr recording is browser-based. The application enables adjusting size of the recorded screen. When you end up your recording you can easily upload the video to Youtube, Twitter or even Facebook. Unfortunately, the application doesn’t have video editing options built in and it limits recording time to 5 minutes.
4. Screenencast-o-matic – another free browser-based application to record any activity on your computer screen. It lets you resize the recorded screen and create up to 15-minute long videos. Upgrading to paid version gives you several video editing options.
5. Screencastle – free browser-based screencast recorder. Its features include: unlimited recording time, resizable screen options, it gives you various sharing options.
Do you use any of the above mentioned software or maybe a different one? Which is your preferred screencast recorder?