In my blog post: It’s not about the website, I wrote about the importance of taking certain steps after building a website to promote it online. Because more and more people start their online business and build websites, competition gets stronger and more things need to be done to get targeted web site traffic. There are niches where for a chosen keyword, it requires huge amount of time, money and effort to rank well in search engines. It doesn’t mean, however, that it can’t be done. On the contrary, you can rank high for many keywords. The key is to choose the right longtail keywords, use them to optimize your website properly and use the right online promotion methods.
It is important to understand that you need to apply various methods of increasing your online exposure – in other words, you need to become a multi-channel internet marketer. Just for a start, to make sure your website gets indexed quickly and will start getting targeted web site traffic:
- Submit it to at least the main search engines and Google, Yahoo, Bing webmaster tools, altogether with your generated XML sitemap.
- Open up several accounts with different Web 2.0 properties and start posting valuable content with links back to your main site.
- Go and make some good, valuable comments on do-follow, niche related blogs.
- Register with niche related forums and help others by solving their problems, having backlink to your website in the signature.
- Don’t neglect RSS Marketing. Thanks to some powerful, relatively inexpensive tools, you can take full advantage of your feed, build backlinks and drive more traffic to your websites.
These are just some of the cheap traffic methods. There are also borrowed and paid ones. What you need to remember is to use various methods of website promotion, be consistent, frequently create valuable and useful content.
Thanks to James Schramko and recommended by him internet marketing experts, I mastered many of the strategies to drive targeted web site traffic successfully. You can find ten of them in a recently published ebook Traffic Ten. The book is a thorough, and extremely effective step-by-step traffic blueprint written by me and internet marketing expert Lillea Woodlyns. Traffic Ten is based on several months of trial and error, testing tools and applying various methods of driving traffic to our websites.
Plus 2 Bonuses:
Traffic Ten Cheat Sheet, where you will find a comprehensive list of resources that you can choose from if you are serious about driving targeted traffic to your sites and making your online business thrive. We mention some of these resources in Traffic Ten, but certainly not all, which is why this cheat sheet has special value.
2 Outsourcing MindMaps, which show you all the important facts you need to know about outsourcing, how, where and what to outsource, to leverage your time and money.
Lillea and Justyna have put together a nice and easy guide for getting traffic to your website – well done.