Internet marketing is, without a doubt, a huge and fascinating subject as well as a very rewarding business, because it has the potential for a high rate of return on your initial investment. Aside from investing in some domain names and hosting services, as well as software like Market Samurai, internet marketing is a business with low entry costs. Not only that, but it can provide you with the freedom to work when you want, where you want, and, ultimately, give you financial freedom.
Becoming a successful entrepreneur is not difficult, but even so, many people fail. What differentiates successful people from unsuccessful people? Mindset. Your state of mind is the new psychology of success and the most important key to achieving it. The biggest reason that so many people do not make a success of their own business is that they give up at the first failure. “I can’t do it”, “I’m such a loser”, “She’s better than me”, “It’s too hard”, and “What’s the point of continuing?” are mindsets of unsuccessful people.
However, if you look at successful entrepreneurs, you will almost always find a long list of “failures” in their past. But the key is that these businessmen and women do not see failure as a negative thing; instead, they look at failures as gifts, as opportunities to learn and grow. Their mindset is “What can I learn from this mistake?”, “I love a challenge”, “What should I be doing differently?”, “I need to try harder” and the classic adage “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again”.
6 Steps to Success
Successful people, whether in business, sports or the arts, follow a similar series of steps to success.
1. They set a clear goal. Not only do they define the goal, but they carve out all the steps in between, knowing that by focusing on smaller, manageable goals they will avoid being overwhelmed.
2. They take risks and make the effort. Success and passivity do not go hand-in-hand. They step outside of their comfort zone and work hard at their tasks. They try things that they haven’t tried before to get results they haven’t gotten before.
3. They take responsibility for what they do and what happens in their lives. Making excuses, procrastination and blaming everyone and everything for your failures won’t get you anywhere.
4. They turn failures into learning opportunities. In fact, successful people don’t even think of mistakes and set-backs as failures, but rather as part of the journey to success. Many even welcome ”failure”.
5. They stay flexible and adapt to new circumstances and ideas. It is essential to understand that technology and the internet are quickly and constantly evolving processes. You need to take action in every part of your business—not just learn and postpone the action until you think you know enough.
6. They surround themselves with successful people and study their mindset, work ethics and habits. In other words, they learn to think like entrepreneurs. It’s been said that what’s real in your mind is real, so you become whatever it is that you think about constantly. If you want to be successful, you have to think like a succesful person. Visualize, affirm and act “as if”.
The mindset of those who never achieve their dreams causes them to give up at the first sign of difficulty or failure. But perseverance is a huge part of success. Anyone who is thinking about starting his/her own business needs to consider finding a good mentor and investing in his tutoring. Learning the mindset of someone successful who can encourage you to keep going by offering stories of their own mistakes and subsequent successes is a huge benefit. In my case, James Schramko is such a mentor. In the long run such an investment saves time and money if you consider how many people offer poor products and services.