Have you ever wondered why many start-up businesses fail?
The first reason is that they do not have a clearly defined business plan. Time is lost because there is no major idea that takes a project from one step to the next. This is why time management is so crucial to business and especially in internet marketing.
Do one thing at a time!
When you finish one step and go to the next, you strengthen your inner knowledge about your ability to finalize projects and successfully gain smaller goals. Our brains are muscles which naturally strengthen when in use, and then they expand, enabling us to build bigger projects.
Two other very important issues are:
- FIRST: get rid of distractions, all information you do not need. We all agree that distractions are a big issue in our lives, and are usually a result of mismatched focus.
- SECOND: set deadlines. Our minds act like heat-seeking missiles, so it is important for them to have somewhere to go and a time frame in which to stop.
Finally here are some powerful time management techniques and suggestions…
I use them really successfully and you can use too to vastly improve your time management skills:
- Organize files in your computer (create folders to find things easier).
- Organize your website browser toolbar to create bookmarks to find favorite sites faster.
- Identify what you know and what you do best, and do more of it.
- Decide how much time you will spend for social networking and bookmarking sites; set a timer if necessary.
- Find a good coach/mentor to speed your learning and implementation process. Seek to constantly improve yourself, surround yourself with valuable people, and brainstorm with them. I will always recommend James Schramko and his internet marketing coaching forum, where I am a happy member:). Find out more about it from my post about SuperFastResults coaching forum.
- Apply the Pareto rule 20/80: focus on the 20% of tasks that bring you 80% profits.
- Outsource when possible, especially the things you are not good at and you don’t like to do.
- Use the best software and tools to save your time, here are some of them, which I use daily:
- Market Samurai for Keyword Research,
- Linkvama for link building,
- Gmail account for your emails,
- Firefox as your web browser,
- Roboform for securely saving your usernames and passwords, and…
- FastLandingPages software for building light, simple websites quickly.
Watch James Schramko from InternetMarketingSpeed Blog mentioning some other powerful techniques.
If you apply these time management techniques you will be amazed how much time you can save, how much you can achieve and how much money you can earn. Your saved time can be simply spent on your most loved activities – family, sports, hobbies or other passions. It’s definitely worth it!